Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Little beacons

Feeling a little self-defeated today and it's boring me to tears. What a maudlin and unproductive emotion, self-defeat. It can so quickly turn into self-pity and that, if it's even possible, is even more useless. So, in an effort to re-energize, here are a few things I think are of some social relevance -- and not just because they appeal/are relevant to me. I'm thinking of you people, too. No trust...

The first (and best) is a link I pretty much had to beg for from Landers. He's been taking photos with his iPhone it seems and posting them to a nifty little graphic blogsite called Tumblr. Personally, the fact that they are as good as they are -- and they're intrinsically good, remarkable given the equipment (or lack thereof) used to capture the images -- is very impressive I think. I'm trying to convince him to get these in a coffee table book stat. He's a little shy about his work though (hence the begging) so if you see him tell him your coffee table is great but there's just something -- oh, I don't know -- cutting edge that it's missing...

Second are a few articles that I find interesting because (a) I'm intimately familiar with the file-sharing excuses of those who can't shell out $.99 for a song and feel somewhat justified that there does seem to be some danger to the practice (long story...) and (b) I love to witness the beginnings of the next panic.

And finally, just because the names for Nicole Kidman's baby had me laughing aloud despite how inappropriate and wrong this post actually is, I give you my guilty pleasure, The Superficial.

Feelin' better already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home