Monday, July 07, 2008

A post dedicated to raw masculinity

Okay, let's talk for a minute about Gerard Butler. I was recently reading this article and this paragraph just jumped out at me:

6. The hero has a reason, but he doesn’t need therapy.
“When I first got going on what became The Dark Knight, I just thought about him a lot, what kind of guy would do this stuff,” he says of his endlessly influential 1986 reinvention of Batman. That said, Miller says he’s sick of “therapy culture” and hand-wringing heroes like Spider-Man who go around whining all the time about the burden of great power. In 300 Sparta’s King Leonidas didn’t have to ponder the Persian Empire’s diplomacy—he kicked Xerxes’ diplomat down a well.


Which led me to start poking around for info on the Scotsman who sported Leonidas' loincloth so well. All I can say is Cameron Diaz, honey, you made the right choice -- I mean, JT was cute and could totally dance but just look at this magnificence:







He's fantastic. I have a feeling he can dance, too...



Sorry for the shameless drooling but I am only human. All this, of course, forces me to repost the following which never fails to crack me up and may mean I have either (a) a juvenile sense of humor; or (b) a massive intellect.



And also, I'm intrigued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home