Thursday, July 31, 2008

Many hot things

Here's something to avoid:

Coming home from work to a house that's 83 degrees and having your unreasonably pampered, chunky dog look up at you, panting, as if to say, "Why are you torturing me like this, human? Our agreement is simply: you fill my bowl and water dish as well as walk me twice a day, and I provide you with some companionship and bark when people come to the door. Why is my sofa so hot and why were you not here to fix it??!!"

I now know quite a bit about A/C capacitors, how to tell how old a unit is, and why HVAC emergency services does not include trips out at 9 pm during a monsoon. I also am now able to recreate a law of physics my friend Annette used to lovingly refer to as "The Daytona Two-Door Rule" -- so named after a trip to Daytona Beach where we created a wind-tunnel in our room by opening the hotel room door and the beach-front balcony door simultaneously. Box window fans and a stand-up oscillating fan are perfectly respectable replacements for beach wind and breezeways.

In any event, Stella is still chunky -- just no longer hot.

In other news that is hot, check out this bit from last night's So You Think You Can Dance -- this choreographer is definitely on my list of ones to watch. So freakin' sexy. I just tremble...I'm serious.

Here's the song since the Youtube vid is fairly sketchy.



Also, because he's a fount of cool stuff like this, Landers has shared this nifty little site with me. Muxtape -- make a mixed tape like the kids do! (I haven't made one yet but I'm building one in my head...)

UPDATE: this is just what i need, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home