Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You know you're on the right track when the cops who always pull you over give you warnings instead of tickets

How cool is it that the Diamond Dogs are on the verge of winning the College World Series? Damn, I love me some boys of summer...I developed some of my first major crushes at the ballpark. Batting gloves and dirty ballcaps still, and likely will forever, make me swoon. I have to miss some of the game tonight due to dance class but I'm pulling for ya guys. Sic em.

I'm gearing up for a mini-vacation to DC to visit my school friend this weekend. I'm all kinds of jazzed because my friend is the kind of person who thinks of things to do that might interest his guest as opposed to things that might interest only him. The last time I visited DC, the friend I went to see took the opposite tack and we went and saw the Museum of Natural History -- it was like his 10th time visiting. I wanted to see the art museum -- I had never been -- but he pretty much whined till he got his way. This time, my friend has decided I should check out this place and this place. It'll be rad. And then a Nationals game Saturday. I may even get the chance to reconnect with a college friend who has the greatest laugh of any person on the planet and when I heard it again I felt all sparkly inside. DC holds a special place in my heart -- because I'm sort of a news/politics dork -- so I'm very excited to be back there. Also the Potomac reminds me of my grandparents and summer on the river and I'm getting all misty-eyed and sappy so I had better stop...

But I'm taking my new camera (get bent CitiMortgage!) and will have many photos to post I'm sure. Hopefully another mini-vacation to the beach is forthcoming so I can really see what the sucker can do...

Anyway, wish me luck -- I'll going by overnight train (fitting as I'll be finishing up Atlas Shrugged during the trip) and am not sure what to expect from the traveling by rail alone. Should be an adventure.

And, for gits and shiggles, here's a photo of my sister's recently shampooed stuffed animal collection that wouldn't fit in the dryer. Apparently, within her collection is Yukon Cornelius. She lives with the regret of not getting the Bumble. And here's what I'm listening to today ( and this). I'm working out the demons...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home