Tuesday, April 15, 2008

There's so much space I can cut me a piece with some fine wine

I have very little time but I just wanted to give a shout out to a friend of mine. I recently found out that his disappearance was due to the fact that he made a brave decision to, as he put it, "step out on a limb" and train police officers in Iraq. What kind of person does this? An awesome one.

So, to you missing friend, I dedicate the song I listen to every year at this time to remind me of the hopeful, lazy Southern summertime just around the corner that will be waiting for you when you get back. It was introduced to me when I was about 16 at my friend Barry's lake house where I spent almost an entire summer with the High School cohort. My dear friend Matt made me lay back, close my eyes and listen to the "poetry" in this song. Then he cranked it. You should do the same...

Summertime Rolls by Jane's Addiction

Oh yeah, and I passed comps. They're gonna let me graduate it seems. Why do I feel the urge to call about a dozen people and tell them to get bent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home