Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm holding out for a hero

Looks like I'm being put to the test yet again. After doing several passes of this particular turn in dance class Wednesday night my foot buckled on the last -- dammit, that's what I said, the last -- one and I strained it pretty good. Same foot I broke a few years ago which is likely why it buckled -- it has a weakness you see. That's hard as hell for me to admit...
So, consequently, I'll be having to mitigate the dancing -- the stretching and light stuff is still in but the hard core, sweat inducing, decompression technique I've come to rely on is out for at least the next few weeks. Fuck.
To top it off, people are being pretty mean to me right now. Welcome to my pity party!

But here's the thing -- I just started watching this kick-ass show called Heroes and the new season starts in a week or so and I should be through with the first season on DVD by then. And I can still swim so I won't get all mushy while my foot heals. And I just recorded my first podcast for the local paper that I'll link to when it's posted on their home page. And my new boss is cool. And, because I've had to admit that I have a weakness, when I start pounding out the dancing again, I'll be better prepared and will never have to worry about this kind of thing again. So really, everything moves toward the good. Chaos theory can kiss my ass.

I'm determined to have a good Friday. You should be, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home