Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's not really about politics

I'm a realist. I am. I know war is part of the human experience and to expect humanity to suddenly diverge from its nature is downright pollyanna-ish. That's not to say we can't dream and, indeed, we should believe we are capable of actions saner, more rational, and ones that are built from the spirit of unity rather than division. We are capable of great beauty as well as great horror, as history has shown. So I post this picture as a reminder of what war does to humanity -- the despicable choices it forces us to make. I recommend this article as well -- it's long but worth the read. Lord Somber sent it to me a few years ago and that's why I like him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home