Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Having your eyes opened doesn't guarantee good sight

Not too long ago, I almost got verbally reactive with someone for arguing politics with me in my own home because I figure that I have to tolerate with a closed mouth (as much as I'm actually capable of this) and a fake smile all the drivel that people believe while I'm out in the work or school or whatever world. But in my house -- where I pay the bills and decide whether or not you get to even cross the threshold -- there will be no arguing with me about my politics. You are welcome to leave if you don't like my rules. We were discussing Cindy Sheehan and I graciously conceded that she was "crazy from grief" rather than rip into this guest of mine and cause discomfort for everyone in the room.

I'm amending that now after reading her goodbye-cruel-Democratic-party letter published on the Daily Kos. I sympathize with her -- I truly do. I'm not even happy for her belated realization that she was used by a bunch of scheisters to further their agendas. I hate that she had to find out that they never -- not once, not for a damn minute -- cared that she was mourning the death of her son. If they had they would have tried to clean up the wreckage of her life, not put her back in the same car, drunk, with no brakes, heading toward a cliff. You'll see in her letter that her family situation -- the people who probably should have been the ones comforting her -- has suffered almost irreparably. For her, innocence might have been bliss. Knowledge appears to hell.

But you'll notice as well that the "crazy from grief" designation isn't entirely accurate either. She's got a lot of hate still for her country -- conveniently never admitting that in many other places in the world they would have shot her the minute she began to speak out against the establishment. Not recognizing this fact isn't circumstantially crazy -- it's just crazy. Period.

I'm sorry for you Cindy. I really am. But I do refer to you as crazy in my home and, fortunately for me, there are people in the world willing to fight and die to defend my ability to do so. Just as they did for you when you turned your rage at the death of your son onto the whole world. We let people do that here. And the best of us try to recognize it for what it is and not exploit it for our own selfish ends.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home