Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm sorry but it's true...

As a responsible member of my national community, I really want to talk about politics. Really, I do. Like the recent news reports on how the Dems in the House Majority have proven what I suspected all along -- they are the party of subversion. In other words, a liar's best defense is preemptively calling someone else a liar. The Dems are pretty much doing this in the House -- using tactics they've been accusing Republicans of for years. Maybe, if we call Jimbob a bastard we can act like bastards and no one will know... Pathetic.

But rather than get into all that -- because it depresses me a little you see -- I'd rather talk about how I disagree with VH1 that "Livin' on a Prayer" is the epitome of arena rock. I think this song is. I know this because my sister Lou was a HUGE fan in high school while I was more into R.E.M., Howard Jones, The Cure, etc. I thought I might beat someone down if I heard "Foolin'" one more time.

But then, a few years back, Lou invited me to a show in the ATL where the DL was playing outside. They played this song. It was total arena rock. The epitome of, in fact. Crank it up, ya'll. In the vernacular, this shit rocks dude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home