Friday, June 30, 2006

Music you can dance to and nuclear annihilation

Happy Friday!

I'm heading to the ATL tonight for my baby brother's engagement party and, as I'll be seeing one of my best childhood friends Little Sara, I decided to make a good mixed dance tape for after the grandparents take the kids home and the adults remember that we all used to party together (hey Veronica, is this a run-on sentence, you genius?).

So, in honor of Little Sara, I found this killer Salt 'N Pepa song that we used to dance around to at the lake during "Moms' Weekends at the Lake" festivities. It's off the Colors soundtrack so this would have made us about 13 and 14. We had great taste event then...

I filled the rest of the CD with songs that I cannot help but pop around to in the car, giving this entire town the impression that I'm lame. I am, but not because I like to dance, so get over it.

Here's the track listing because I'm proud of my mixed-CD abilities. Anyone who knows the movie High Fidelity understands this. Let me know if you want a copy...

Oh yeah, and my friend "Stella," who's a total bitch, sent this to me yesterday in honor of my buying a house. It actually reveals a lot about Stella.

Dance Music for the Soul

Let the Rhythm Run -- Salt N' Pepa
Crazy -- Gnarls Barkley
Good Luck -- Basement Jaxx
Roses -- Outkast
Smooth Criminal -- Michael Jackson
Ridin' -- Chamillionaire
Word Up -- Cameo
Since U Been Gone -- Kelly Clarkson (American Idol be damned. This chick can sing.)
Just a Lil' Bit -- 50 Cent
Miss Independent -- Kelly Clarkson
Cry Me River -- Justin Timberlake
Just Like U Said it Would Be -- Sinead O'Connor
Helena -- My Chemical Romance
My Humps -- Black Eyed Peas
Got You Where I Want You -- The Flys
Sure Shot -- Beastie Boys
Hips Don't Lie -- Shakira
Promiscuous -- Nelly Furtado
What? -- A Tribe Called Quest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home