Friday, June 23, 2006

Because if I heard of one more interpretive performance art piece I was going to lose my grip on my ability to not punch someone in the face

I have much new respect for the troupe of girls at the dance studio. Not only did these classy, sophisticated, talented ladies transform into warped circus-freak, screeching punk rock chix before my eyes, but their cover of an L7 song along with some originals ("Bitch-ass Dog" and one about being a freak ballerina among them) surprised and delighted even the ever cynical and BS-detecting Lord Somber. In short, it was a very good time. No saccharine social commentary, no holier-than-thou "artistic" achievement, no attempt at being anything other than -- well -- fun. It's rare around here lately and it went a very, very long way. Hopefully I can get a pic of the spectacle known as The Circus Peanuts (hence the name of the band) posted soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home