Thursday, June 08, 2006

Robin Kay

I have a great friend named Bob. She's known as Robin to most others but I coined Bob somewhere in the 25 + years we've known each other and it just fits her really. Trust me, she's such a Bob. Anyway, Bob's headed down to the dirty South this weekend from the slightly less dirty South (to Atlanta from Richmond, Va.) to hang with the girls and introduce her first baby Sophia Grace (which, if you read this Bob, I think I told you I really liked that name and then you up and name your baby this several years later. Or, it was a wine-soaked dream I had... Either way, it's a good name and little bit definitely fills it out).

Bob and I met in the 1st grade; in fact, there are pictures that exist of us partying like it's 1999 in 1982 at someone's birthday party. We also danced together for years -- I will always associate her with sequined spandex outfits, legwarmers and opaque, shiny tights.

We traveled through elementary school together (ooh Bob, in moving last week I found an old Pleasantdale Panthers sweatshirt. Field Day was awesome!); and then, albeit for a while in different circles, through High School.

When we hit college, we were dorm roommates and then flatmates for several years. She moved back to Atlanta and I stayed in Athens. She got married. I became a reporter and, later, other things. She moved to Oregon, then San Francisco, then Virginia. Now she's coming home to visit and I can't wait to see her! We share a sense of humor, you see. Things that make us laugh are incomprehensible to others. And we don't give a damn. So, Bob, if you're reading -- "10:53! ...sniff"

See, I know she's fucking cracking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home