Monday, March 17, 2008

If you drink religiously can you get St. Patrick's Day off?

Can't take credit for the header. I found it here. But I'm down. I bet if you used just the right politically correct, alarmist rhetoric you could make a case that would at least let you out of work while deliberations were being made. You'd have to go the next year obviously but what a coup! It would make for one of those legendary work stories like the one I heard when I was a reporter about the two photographers and the after-hours meetings they would have on an editor's desk. Who knows if it's true and who cares? When I finally met the guy involved in the legend (he was no longer there by the time I started but the story still was) it was like meeting some kind of elusive, mythic creature and only those who had seen him first hand knew he was real. The rest of us were left to wonder if the hump (no pun intended) in the water was really just a log.

Truth or blarney? It's really the question that keeps us going, no?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home