Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Chick rock

Welcome to lola's days off from work. woohoo! But then, not really. Consider: I've already had people yelling at me via email and, let's face it, days off just means I can focus on all the other work I have to complete, some of it by 6 pm tonight I might add. I just don't have to put on makeup and play dress up. Days off my foot. Dammit.

But I needed a lunch break so I thought I'd break out some chick music while I'm eating my roast beef sandwich. My dance teacher -- who is currently finishing up the choreography for our dance to a STYX song. Oh yes. I'll keep the name of the song a surprise. You'll just have to come see the show -- played this song last night during warm up. Ah, the 80s. How I miss you and your big hair which is apparently coming back into fashion (Dear Lord help us).

It made me think of this song , the singer of which I interviewed about 8 years ago but I am incapable of locating it digitally so you are savagely deprived of the genius writing contained therein. Sorry.

And then, I keep listening to this one and it makes me feel somehow normal. And that probably makes me a freak. So be it. Or Amen as the Hebrew has it. Anyway, the last one goes out to both my sisters. It just makes me think of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home