Friday, March 16, 2007

If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday -- Noel Coward

Know what's fascinating to me? How the things that used to seem unforgivable to me now seem like nothing more than harmless human error, and how the things I used to pass off as mistakes now seem like accurate predictors of future behavior and true character markers. In myself and others. It's all very confusing and I'm sure my perception will change again before I'm done with this whole mortal coil thing...

But I can say, at this moment, that I abhor the negotiation of principle. Stand up for what you think, even if you know no one in the room will agree and there may be serious consequences. You don't have to be overt and heavy handed but damn man, if you can't think for yourself -- and own those thoughts -- you're really setting yourself up for a pretty miserable life that will never actually belong to you. Too esoteric for a Friday? Sorry...

Here's some Jam which makes me think of T. Ballard and his X-mas beer. Which is a truly good thing. And I'm coming to Charleston soon. I promise. But I don't know if I can come via Savannah because that bridge just freaks me the hell out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home