Friday, March 02, 2007

And Mythbusters built his earthquake machine last night...


Finally saw this and it was excellent. Very smart with layers and layers of plot devices from the emotional to the psychological to the visceral (I mean, most people are content watching Christian Bale and Scarlett Johansson trimming their toenails much less pulling off some fine acting. And Christian speaks in his native Welsh brogue. Good Lord in heaven...). Got me really interested in learning more about this guy, played by David Bowie in the movie sans the Goblin-king stretchy pants. I knew a little about him and his famous feud with Edison (which mirrors the magician feud in the movie) but I did not know much about his influence on robotics, radar, computer science, etc., or that, despite several women falling madly in love with him, he was a devoted celibate for fear that Love -- and all that accompanies it -- was too distracting from his scientific work. I think I would have been one of those foolish women...

Anyway, here's a song that I used to listen to in high school that was the first introduction I had to the mad scientist. Not so great a song but I know somewhere in Virginia Bob's rockin' out...

Have a magical Friday. It's really beautiful outside my window. Hope it is outside yours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home