Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Always looking for a laugh

I have been empress of the land of Grumpypants today. I was going to talk about the Scooter Libby travesty (and if you don't know why his being found guilty is a travesty, shame on you. Educate yourself. They figured out awhile ago he wasn't the guy -- and that this "outing" wasn't an issue -- and then continued on with the pursuit. This is well-documented, by the way. Even the jurors were like "Um, why are we here...?" And then they found him guilty anyway. WTF????!!!!)

Then there was the lovely guy I met last night who stands by himself downtown with a sign that says "Support Our Troops." It doesn't say, "Bush is right!" or "Support the War!" It simply recognizes that there are men there -- by choice -- fighting and dying and we should all probably say a little thank you to these guys no matter what our feelings on this war are. But this guy tells me last night that he gets heckled sometimes. "One guy believed in peace so much he tried to beat me up," he said.

Nice.

So, I've been listening to this song very loudly in my car.

And then, while walking the talented Ms. Stella at lunch, I see this on the side of a truck and it changed everything:

Jesus and Mohammed's Tree Service

I mean if these two guys can work together to make sure your property is protected from dead trees then surely there can be peace in the middle east.

:0b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home