Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I like my hometown, Cyrillic languages and scary books



My friend CE and I hit the ATL last night for a concert and fine food (photo to come...) We are so hot that we ended up getting free shots at the restaurant, and I think I got a feature story idea... The restaurant was called DOLCE and was all decked out in old Hollywood, mobster decor. CE played Ava Gardner and I was Rita Hayworth. Because we are slightly deluded...

Robert Randolph at the Center Stage was chock full of goodness. My friend hides a very funky side... It was nice to see it.

Other things: This record kicks my butt.

She is Russian by birth and sings in her native tongue on this track -- my favorite, even over French. French is lovely but slightly prissy. Russian, however, is sexy and substantial. Lots of guttural sounds. Mmmmm....










Also, I bought this book after seeing the rerelease in Borders recently (apparently there's a movie out now):






When I was about 10 [ed note: okay, just checked the publication date and I was 15, not 10. Which is infinitely more tragic... [and yet again I was only 13; the book was published two years earlier than I thought. The Internet, while edifying, can also lie its ass off...]], my parents had this book and I read the first chapter. I then promptly took the thing outside and hid it under the porch to be safe from it's evil. I didn't want the damn thing in my house. It freaked me out that much. I don't know if my parents ever missed it. They probably knew the dorkiness of their youngest daughter and simply decided not to make an issue of it. I mean, how do you rationalize with that behavior?

Anyway, I'm facing my fears over Christmas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home