Sunday, September 24, 2006

because she loves me

So, my Mom and I were chatting on the phone this morning so I could avoid writing what is sure to be a most stimulating paper on whether or not centralization in higher education governance is a good or bad thing. I know everyone has their own passionate opinion on this topic so I'll reserve mine for the paper because it might just be too provocative and forward thinking for many readers.

Mom took the opportunity to check me on my statement in my last post about what people should do on Fridays. While I don't think I meant it as scandalously as all that, Mom thought it was irresponsible and flippant enough to pack it into her bag of things to check me on next time we talked. "I've been meaning to get onto you about this," she said.

So, as I have no wish to be irresponsible and sometimes just say things because they sound kinda poetic, I gotta say that perhaps Mom's right about giving people the wrong idea. If there's one thing I'm really talented at, it's that. And it is a source of almost constant grief.

Therefore, the statement has been removed. Thanks Mom for caring enough to gently knock me back a step. Not everyone is lucky enough to have someone do that for them. Sounds weird doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home