Friday, July 21, 2006

Obsession with Loverboy and a Presidential meal on a former Airplane

There are so many Friday things I want to talk about that I'm getting twitchy --

1. This picture that Lord Somber sent me that I thought was funny as hell (because senses of humor are important).




2. A documentary called Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West, a film heralded as such by such a man:

"Viewing this documentary should hereafter be considered a prerequisite for participating in the debate about the national security challenges we face, and what must be done to address them.

The full dimensions of that War for the Free World are laid bare in Obsession from an extraordinary array of sources."

Frank J. Gaffney Jr.
Center for Security Policy, Washington Times, War Footing.com, Renew America, Military.com
Frank J. Gaffney Jr. is president of the Center for Security Policy and a columnist for The Washington Times.


3. My conversation with Lord Somber last night that led me to remember the time my first -- and perhaps best -- best friend Chris Wilson and his buddies built a skate ramp and Little Sara and I put our stamp on it by writing "We built this city on rock n' roll" from the Jefferson Starship song. Little Sara thought I was the coolest for coming up with that. Man were we dorks.

4. The same conversation with Lord Somber that clarified for me, for the first time, the worst song lyrics ever written: "You want a piece of my heart?/You better start from the start./You wanna be in the show?/Come on baby let's go!/Everybody's working for the weekend!"

Loverboy might just be evil...



Happy, happy, Friday, Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home