Friday, September 29, 2006

Somewhere over the rainbow

I really, really want to talk about important things today. But I'm just so tired... my workplace's Brownian motion of the top brass has got me down; it doesn't help that I happened to catch Dangerous Liaisons last night on the magical light box in my living room and, while John Malkovich is redeemed in the end, he and his great love have to die. I'm sure it's meant to convey the idea that, as Glenn Close's evil Marquise de Merteuil notes, "Vanity and happiness are incompatible," and this is a good lesson. And quite the zinger.

But damn, they have to die? Why do they have to die??

So, in the interest of my sanity, screw important things. Here's Jon Heder in Benchwarmers. Relish the way his hair curls around his bike helmet. I'm going to run away for a little while and suck my thumb in some corner and try to imagine a better place where no one has to die for doing what's right. Happy Friday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home