Friday, May 26, 2006

Pause and reflect -- and find new music

I never thought I'd say this because I considered it a harsh reality at the time, but I really miss working in environment where, if you didn't know what the hell was going on you were considered a tool and people had no qualms about pointing out your faults in this regard. Having spent time in an, um, different kind of environment for the past few years I can honestly say I miss the brutal truth. At the very least it forces you to improve or perish, which is quite different (as much as I'm currently told otherwise) than backing the right horse or perishing, if you know what I mean...

Anyhoo, as soon as I bought a house, as Murphy's Law dictates, everything else in my life began to fall apart, most recently the CD player in my car. So, while I'm waiting to have a new one installed (can't decide if I want the dealership model -- which is very nice -- or go the cheaper route and have a dashboard full of filler...) I've been listening to a lot of radio. She Wants Revenge has a really good song out called "Tear You Apart" (video directed by my buddy Joaquin Phoenix). Very dark, very weird, very catchy.

Gnarls Barkley (Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo) have a record out of which the track "Crazy" is awesome.

I'm just passing along the info here kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home