Friday, March 17, 2006

Yea, though the Hindus speak of Karma


I hate to admit it, being Catholic and not Hindu, but sometimes I believe in Karma. And when I do, I'm convinced that I must have been a right mean bastard in a former existence. Sometimes the tax man metaphorically comes a knockin' and there's nothing left to give. But he takes anyway...

When I was a baby, my brother John (5 years my senior) gazed at me in my high chair as my mother fed me and said, matter of factly, "I knew Lola (names have been changed to protect the, um, innocent...er, the somewhat innocent...) before. But she was a big person...and she was a boy, not a girl." This actually explains a lot.

My mother tells me that my nephew David, being the sensitive little redhead he is, informed her the other day that he had lived over 300 years, and had lived many lives. And was apparently miserable in every one.

Jesus. I come from a family of mystics. Or really talented storytellers. Here's hoping that if David and I are indeed paying for past mistakes, we get it right this time.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home