Tuesday, March 07, 2006

No one's buying it

Please, don't procreate unless you can prove it's not for selfish, self-serving or just downright trendy reasons. The world begs you...

When I was in high school, I used to watch the trends. It never ceased to amaze me the things people would do to convince others, and themselves, that their bulls*!t was true. Getting a bi-level haircut and a pair of Doc Martens to prove punk-rockness. Things like that.

Now, as an adult (even if I don't always feel like it -- thank God!) I'm disturbed how much this type of behavior HASN'T changed. Only now, you see, it's way more serious because adults, by their very nature, have more influence and power, and therefore more ability to harm and destroy (and love, but that's a subject for another post). And the trend these days? Pregnancy. Just think about the implications of getting pregnant to prove your maternal or paternal nature. Or to convince everyone that you really are in love! Britney Spears is pregnant again. This is your peer group. Enjoy. I think I'll hold out a little longer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home