Monday, March 06, 2006

Shameless and surface and I'm a sucker for it


Alright, all I'm saying is that Phillip Seymour Hoffman must have been phenomenal in Capote to beat Joaquin Pheonix as Johnny Cash for Best Actor at last night's Oscars. I just saw Walk The Line and, despite my obvious bias being the lifelong Johnny Cash fan I am (no, really -- my dad listened to his tapes on nearly every road trip we took as a family. I think it may be some of the first music I heard), I was floored at how much the actor became The Man in Black. I hear that Hoffman pulled off this same feat (haven't seen the movie yet but am looking forward to it; Capote ranks as one of my favorite writers and is in my list of fascinating people).

Also, Joaquin and Johnny Cash are hot. While Phillip Seymour Hoffman has a cuteness about him, Capote?... not so much. I'm so vapid.

Best Oscar moment: After Three 6 Mafia won the Best Original Song category for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," they were exuberant on stage and were dressed in (gasp!) jeans and jerseys. Hilarious. Then John Stewart deadpans: "I think it just got a little easier in here for a pimp." It's funny because it's true...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home