Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tragic moment of self-awareness

It has finally occurred to me that everyone I've ever met who thinks I'm too nice, i.e. "Why do you let people walk all over you? You should totally ream that f*cker!," have been the same people who spent very little time worrying about whether or not their actions completely cross the line into sociopath land. And, as is inevitably the case with the conscience-free, wasted no time in turning this same mentality on me and anyone else who got too near the moral void that was their soul. These people who spout the "You're too nice" mythology will always screw you over. It's sad, I know, that it's taken me this long to connect the bloody dots. I'm just so nice...

I digress.

Got some new records yesterday (yeah, I still call 'em records. I just like the image.) Grit your teeth Lord Somber: I'm posting what currently keeps me aurally sane.

The Old 97s, Too Far to Care. Their song "Timebomb" was featured in the film Clay Pigeons, which I realize is several years old but I just saw because I'm nursing a pretty serious obsession with a certain actor at the moment. Any way, great song. Fine album. "I got a landmine, in my bloodline..."


Also, The Rock*A*Teens Golden Time, recommended by Lord Somber after hearing some of one of their albums in a gem of a dive bar in downtown Athens. We have afriend who played drums in this band but I do not think is featured on this album. Good stuff. Makes the term "indie rock" really funny.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Ennui said...

People think you're nice? Who are these so called people?

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Lola said...

well, clearly you are not one of them...
they are essentially comprised of folks who never saw the rage within. unfortunately.

 

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home