Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spur my dull revenge


It's offical: Revenge is sweet. My momma always says it's best served cold and I'm really starting to see the wisdom in the saying.

Someone did me pretty nasty in the not too distant past and, out of respect for the way I was raised, I elected to bury the vengeful tendencies, suffer the humiliation and try to find the method in the madness. I often let logic console me in the face of abject emotional assault.

Anyhow, it has happened just recently that I have been put in charge of trying to untangle some of this person's business dealings in order to streamline efficiency (among other things). Most interesting is that this effort is a direct result of some pretty careless work habits that resulted in bad bookeeping, etc. Here I come to save the day...

I saw this person recently and there's an uneasyness there -- not because I've ever given the slightest scent of impropriety (I've forgotten to feel vengeful. I've worked through it and logic has prevailed.) but because the adages about revenge -- best when cold, comes only when it's no longer desired -- are proving true. And I can still look at myself in the mirror.

I win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home