Friday, January 27, 2006

If I'm to run the future, you've got to let the old world go




"One Beat" is such a cool song. Sleater-Kinney is somewhat an acquired taste but man, I like this song. My friend Ellen says they sound Siouxsie and the Banshees-ish. I like their grown-up punk rock tendency. Here's a byte:


I'm a bubble in a sound wave
/ A sonic push for energy/ Exploding like the sun/ A flash of clean light hope/ All you scientists can hold your breath/ Can I decide to show myself, oh oh/ (Take me to the source of chaos let me be the butterfly/ oh my, imperfect symmetry has underlying poetry in rhyme)


If you think like Thomas Edison/ Could you invent a world for me/ Now all that's on the surface/ Are bloody arms and oil fields/ Could I turn this place all upside down/ And shake you and your fossils out, oh oh/ (You can't predict everything with Newton like certainty, why/ Oh my, cause it floats around all we see with oscillating energy on high)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home