Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sister, you been on my mind...


I had a good friend in college named Mary. Mary was a corker of the finest sort. Beautiful woman who had men falling at her feet and exceptionally bright to boot. So bright in fact that she got a six figure job in Seattle right out of college in a field she had no real knowledge of (financial planning. she got a psych degree) and earned really good cash for a year. So smart that, at the end of that year, she called me at 2 a.m. and told me she was selling her soul to drive a nice car and was chucking the whole deal. She moved back to Atlanta, got a job with Coca-Cola (some kind of executive position) and married a nice Southern man.

Mary had a saying: "We girls have to look out for each other because we all know how it feels to be dumped on by a man. We have to watch each others' backs because men will not do that for us. We need to take care of each other."

I wish more women thought like that. I miss you Mary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home