Thursday, December 01, 2005

It happens here, too, Mr. High and Mighty

So Bored Athenians has a post that speaks to U.S. troops in Iraq writing stories and then paying Arabic newspapers to run them. This is being presented across America as a terrible, secretive, and propaganda-like effort. Except....

It happens all the time here. Open up the NY Times on a Sunday and you may see a 12-page "advertorial" on the situation in Saudia Arabia or Israel or anywhere else that wants to PAY to have something run. Nature of the newspaper beast I'm afraid. It's what's known as freedom of the press ... The press is free to publish whatever they damn well please. We have to hope they are responsible with that freedom. (ideas blatantly ripped-off from this morning's FOX News, by the by...)

My point is simply -- try not to be too much of a hypocrite....

(I correct you because I love you Bored Athenians!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home