Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sam was indeed the man


I know that come this weekend I'll be drinking another toast to the death of a special creature that brought joy to those who knew him. I've done this several times in the past, usually when I find out that some great musical hero of mine has gone to the light (I think Johnny Cash may have been the last one) or someone I used to know and remembered fondly. But this, this touches me in a different way. I can't help but laugh till I cry when I look at Sam. And that's a really great emotion, as Dolly Parton (!) so wisely says in Steel Magnolias, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." Mine too, Dolly. So I raise my glass in thanks to you Sam. You da man!

Rest in peace you goofy little creature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home