Monday, December 12, 2005

Great Gosling

(WARNING: self-serving, diary-like post ahead where I talk about my predilection for pretty men.)

Okay, so I finally saw The Notebook yesterday and was fully prepared to hate it but knew that I would, at the least, enjoy Gena Rowlands and James Garner. I mean, Maverick man...

I borrowed it from my Dad who has been insisting I see it, I think because the character "Young Allie" might remind him of me. (Not because, despite my most fervent desire, I look anything like Rachel McAdams, who's adorable. If I did look like that my plan to rule the world would be vastly more evolved...) "Young Allie" was pretty crazy and had issues with her mommy. check. "Young Allie" was kinda bitchy and confused. check. "Young Allie" had a thing for Ryan Gosling. Holy God, check! Who the hell is Ryan Gosling and why have I not been salivating over this man/child for years?!

Let me back up -- I got my first job at 15 and forced my parents to tape 21 Jump Street every Sunday because I COULD NOT MISS Johnny Depp. Omigawd -- I would just die...

The point is, I tend to obsess about the pretty boys.

Damn you Ryan Gosling!!! You are a very, very hot man. You are Canadian and, I mean, how exotic is that? (joking...) You tend to take dark film roles and seem to be a pretty sharp guy if your emotional range can be believed. You are in a movie with Ewan McGregor.

And you are in my dreams. (Even if the real Rachel McAdams is really dating you....)

The movie was pretty damn good, by the way. Nick Cassavetes, son of Gena Rowlands, directed. His dad, John, and Gena had one of those long-running Hollywood marriages which is generally miraculous. The movie made me miss being young in the South...

By the way, gotta give a shout-out to IMDB for fueling my misguided desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You talkin' to me?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home